Sunday, April 19, 2020

My son.....My pillar of strength!


Assalamuwalaikum wrwb

19th March, 2020 was that day where all I wanted was to hold my little man in my arms.

Today its' been one month post elbow fracture surgery of my son ( Mohd.Rayyan) and I just thought to share how we overcame this ordeal.

Thursday, 12th March,2020

It was just a normal day when my kids were playing and suddenly i heard my son's cry and he came running to me. He complained that he had a fall and his hand is paining.
I couldn't figure out what happened and just like most of the time I thought it's a small hurt and he'd be fine. He slept on my laps after crying for a little while. I thought the pain subsided and he is fine.
He got up with the same pain and was finding difficulty to move his arm.
We thought it could be a muscle spasm. It was late night so we had to take him to the doctor the next day.
On Friday , we took him to the emergency and we came back with the good news that it was not a fracture and it was a muscle pull.

Next day, we get a call from the doctor asking us to get him to the hospital as it was a fracture.

Reason for negligence- The doctors in the emergency were more concerned about the other patients due to the Covid 19 outbreak and they didn't give a proper check on the x-ray report.

We immediately rushed to the hospital and the doctor said that it's a clear fracture on the elbow joint.
The bad news was that , since it's on the elbow joint he may need a surgery to avoid dislocation or hindrance in movement in future.

And so it started.......

He got a big plaster on his hand and was advised to keep his hand at 90 degrees at all times.
This little boy was smiling at all times when the nurse and the doctor were putting on the plaster.

We came back home and were asked to come back in 5 days to check whether he needs a surgery or not.

5 days passed..... my husband took him to the hospital and came back with the another bad news .
All the time till their return my heart was beating fast praying that there shouldn't be a call for surgery.
When i was announced the news of surgery next day, I couldn't stop my tears.
Tears continued to roll down the whole evening that day.
For some reason , he seemed all the more lovely and adorable. I just didn't want to leave him even for a second.
We kept him awake for a little longer that night since he had to stop eating or drinking 5 hours pre-surgery.
He missed everyone , took names of all his near and dear ones before sleeping.
He even kept a milk on the side table saying me that he would drink it after he wakes up.

The day arrived ..

We woke him up early and my husband took him to the hospital. I was asked to stay at home because of my other kids and due to the covid19 outbreak going around.
He spoke to me before being dressed up in his surgery gown . Little did he knew what's going around or what's happening with him.
After 2 hours , alhumdulillah he was shifted to the room. He only cried asking his dad to change his dress and then slept after being changed.

After half day he was discharged and bought back home.
As a mother that half day was no less than a mountain falling on me. I hugged him immediately after he came back.
Rayyan acted a bit strange for 5 minutes tried to cry and ask me why wasn't I there with him....
He got back to normal after a few sorry's and tight hugs from his mommy.
He fell asleep over me and was overwhelmed with get well soon cards by his sisters once he woke up. He was happy and continued to get back into his routine.

There are countless things I have learned with this little man who patiently overcame this with a smile on his face:)

He taught me patience

Not once did he complain about the surgery or the plaster in all this one month. He has been patiently managing everything with a smile. It's surprising to see how a small soul has a brimming amount of patience inside him.

He taught me to be grateful

At times , when I questioned him what did he do to his hand , he always replied that he has his other hand and it doesn't effect him! SubhanAllah he never denounced about it.

He taught / gave me strength

He wiped my tears and gave me strength. He assured me that he is fine every single day! He taught me the real meaning of strength. He is indeed a strong boy mashAllah.

Nothing stopped him from doing his best

He continued doing almost every little things from his online classes, drawing or coloring , hands on activities , making videos for his teacher , etc and nothing stopped him to give his best!

You are the beautiful gift that I receive every day.
My life is magical because of you, my dearest son.
You are the rainbow in my sky!
I LOVE YOU!

May you be blessed with all the bounties of life and in the hereafter.
May you be the coolness to your parent's eyes
May you keep shining always!


-Hafsa Mazharuddin

4 comments:

  1. Alllaaah it surely must have been a tough time for u... May Allah heal him soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEEN He is allright now alhumdulillah
      jazakAllah khair <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful insights! How much Allah teaches us thru tests. May He continue to be a source of barakah for u ♥️

    ReplyDelete

The best days of the year- 10 things to do in the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم   السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته As, we all enter the precious month of Dhul Hijjah , some of us are anxiously looki...